Friday, May 10, 2013

Creating a goddess

Teri tasked me with a delicate project: create a Poser version of Tiamat.
To sayt that if was a challenge is an understatement: Trying to replicate a 2D character, with the freedomg you have with a pencil to draw all you want, how you want is not easy at all.
Thanks to my good luck I was able to make a version that made Teri happy.

Down below you'll see the sheer amount of work I put into this original characters, it's quite the step by step process. 




















In due time you'll see the final render on DA, stay tuned.

UPDATE
Teri has published the final picture, so please follow this link and see the actual final result.

12 comments:

  1. She is Superb! And the way of creating something like her is always so nice to see! More like these!! (But don't bother urself with the small pictures :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the process I do for every character, you know that :)

      Delete
  2. Knowing and seeing it in real is very different :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nono, what I ment is that you saw first hand how I work :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for showing the process, it's very interesting. Great "fitness" goddess by the way !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, don't mention it :)
      Sometimes is nice to show the actual process that takes to make a final picture, speaking of which I've to update the link for the final picture as well :)

      Also ... we can't have a fat goddess, right? :D

      Delete
  4. Very nice.
    You know, aside from the skin tone this would also make for an awesome Wonder Woman model(The girl, not the outfit, of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see your point, but I've already my Wonder Woman custom made :)
      Took me 3 years to perfect her and she looks gorgeous, at least to me ofcourse

      Delete
    2. Then she needs to show up more often!
      And if i may suggest, with mythological creatures(if you know what i mean...).
      Thanks for the pics so far!

      Delete
    3. I catched your drift my good man and you will be pleased to know that a render of that kind is been commissioned to me recently :)

      Delete
  5. suggest render art for Manaworld (http://www.manaworldcomics.com/ ), any character

    ReplyDelete